3 each delicata or acorn squash
3 medium sized yams, peeled
4 carrots, peeled
1/4 lb butter
1 inch fresh ginger root, sliced thinly
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste
1. preheat oven to 400F
2. cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds.
3. place squash, yams, and carrots in 2-inch deep baking pan with 1-inch
water. Drizzle squash with honey, cover pan with foil, and bake
20-30 minutes until carrots are soft.
4. meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan, add ginger slices, and
continue cooking over medium high heat until butter turns a
caramel color and has a nutty aroma. Remove from heat;
5. Scoop out squash flesh into a large bowl; add yams, carrots,
cream and brown butter. Mash until desired consistency is
reached (lumpy is good).
6. Season to taste with salt & pepper.